Thursday, November 18, 2010

This is me, joining the blogosphere.

Alright, alright, I can't resist - I'm jumping in.  Welcome to my blog, both of you.  Let me tell you what you can expect from this blog, at least as I currently intend it.  I hope to use this forum to talk about things I'm trying, things I've changed, and things I think need changing to bring better balance to my life.  I'm noticing more and more in my life that I make many decisions by weighing four different categories of information: how it will affect the mind, body, and heart of myself and my family, how I want to spend my time, the financial impact and the cost or benefit to the earth and those who share it with me.  The scales tip in different directions with each decision.

I'm full of contradictions - I drive a not-very-fuel-efficient SUV but I'm constantly looking for ways to reduce, reuse and recycle.  I'll try all kinds of "green" products and alternatives, but there are some chemicals I may never give up.  I get just about all of our food from the farmer's market, our locally-owned grocery or Whole Foods and feed my family home-cooked meals at least 4 nights a week; however, we also eat at McDonald's (gasp) and love our fried Louisiana seafood.  As a small business owner, I feel it is very important to shop at local small businesses, but I'm no stranger to WalMart and Target.  So if one post sounds too tree-hugger for you, tune in next time and I may be a shameless consumer!

I also reserve the right to post anything else that comes to mind.  I promise to keep the discussions of specific politics and religion to a minimum, but may ramble on about my family, my business or my hobbies from time to time.  If I ever sound like I'm trying to tell you what to do, please know it is not intentional.  I know that what works well for me may not suit you at all.  I hope I can influence some of you to consider something new, and that some of you will influence me as well.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you jumping in! You have always had a gift for writing;I'm sure it will be a good outlet for you. I'll be looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete